Delivery & Packaging
Do you deliver everywhere in the UK?
We deliver everywhere in the mainland United Kingdom with the exception of these regions:
- Northern Ireland
- The Scottish Highlands and Islands
- The Isle of Man; and
- The Isle of Wight
What are the delivery charges?
- Standard next-day delivery to the rest of the UK is £8.80 (includes VAT)
This covers only a part of our total delivery and special packaging costs (just under £15 for each package), so we have a voluntary tipping option at the checkout.
How is my food kept fresh?
We use unique wool-insulated cardboard boxes along with ice packs inside. This insulated packaging keeps the food chilled for up to 48hrs.
How do we order?
- It's super simple. Select the dishes you like from the menu, then pick the date you want the food delivered at the checkout (every Thursday) and complete your payment details. That's how simple it is.
What are your delivery days?
Our delivery days are Thursday every week.
What happens when no one is present to collect the order?
- We request that customers provide a delivery address where someone will be present to collect the order. We recommend you download our delivery partner DPD local app to track your order or leave special instructions like a safe place to leave your parcel. You can also leave these instructions via the link DPD sends you on the day of delivery.
- If nobody is available to accept delivery, and you haven't left any special instructions for DPD in their app, the courier company will leave it on the front porch and take a picture for records. We will not be liable if the package is stolen under these circumstances.
Do you accept returns?
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the goods, we cannot accept any returns.
Can we collect?
Customers may opt to collect from Fidget & Bob located at Kennet Island, Geo Cafe in Caversham or Double-Barrelled from Tilehurst. Please select the appropriate pickup option when ordering.
We do not charge for local collections, but, as above, our packaging costs are still high, so there is a tipping option if you wish to help us cover this.
- Clay's Kitchen & Bar - full address is 22 Prospect St, Caversham, Reading RG4 8JG. Please check their opening hours at https://clayskitchen.co.uk. Collection days are Thursday. Orders must be placed by the previous Saturday to collect on any Thursday.
- Double-Barrelled - full address is Unit 20 Stadium Way, Reading RG30 6BX. Please check their opening hours at https://doublebarrelled.co.uk/taproom. Collection days are Fridays and Saturdays. Orders must be placed by the previous Saturday to collect on any Friday or Saturday.
- Fidget & Bob’s - full address is The Piazza, Whale Ave, Reading RG2 0GX. Please check their opening hours at https://www.fidgetandbob.co.uk. Collection days are Thursdays. Orders must be placed by the previous Saturday to collect on any Thursday.